Outline of Weatherability Evaluation
Today, "maintenance-free" and "long life" have become extremely important social needs. To satisfy these requirements, evaluation of the long-term deterioration of various types of materials, parts and products and their accelerated evaluation is necessary. In particular, when a structure or product will be exposed to an atmospheric environment, evaluation of its weatherability is especially important.
JFE-TEC can perform a wide range of corrosion resistance tests and corrosion analyses. Objects are not limited to materials, but also include parts and products. And we can also provide services for large-scale products such as solar panels, etc.
Service Menu: Weatherability Evaluation
- Accelerated atmospheric corrosion (salt damage) test
- JFE-TEC has a full lineup of test methods which enable simulation and accelerated testing of atmospheric corrosion.
- Atmospheric exposure tests
- We perform exposure tests at sites located throughout Japan.
- Weather meter test
- We have 3 types of weather meter test systems with different ultraviolet (UV) distribution intensities.
- Gas corrosion tests
- Simulation and accelerated testing of corrosion by trace amounts of corrosive gases (SO2, H2S, NO2, Cl2, O3) is possible.
- Electrochemical measurement/analysis of corrosion mechanism
- Evaluation of corrosion characteristics/analysis of the corrosion mechanism based on the values of electrochemical characteristics is possible.