Testing (Material Property Evaluation)
Corrosion Testing/Corrosion Resistance Evaluation
JFE-TEC performs commissioned corrosion resistance evaluation and analysis of materials utilizing accelerated corrosion tests, corrosion tests that simulate actual environments and atmospheric exposure tests.
Accelerated corrosion tests are a key element technology for identifying corrosion factors in various environments. Accelerated tests offer many advantages. For example, they can be performed in the laboratory, evaluations of corrosion resistance can be obtained comparatively quickly, and a quantitative grasp of the relative positioning of the test material compared with judgment standards or comparison materials is possible. JFE-TEC can perform corrosion tests standardized in JIS, JASO and other standards, and has also developed unique, innovative corrosion tests for use in material selection. These tests are widely used in many fields, including the automotive industry, home appliances and other electrical products, and civil engineering and building construction, among others.
The main corrosion tests and corrosion resistance evaluations are as follows. We can perform reproduction tests that simulate the use environment in order to investigate the causes of corrosion accidents and trouble. We can also provide corrosion testing and corrosion evaluation services which are not listed below. Whatever your corrosion needs, please feel free to consult with JFE-TEC!
- Various types of corrosion resistance evaluation by accelerated corrosion tests in the laboratory are possible: Cyclic corrosion tests (CCT), salt spray tests (SST)mmersion tests, humidity tests, temperature and humidity controlled tests, dry-wet-cycle tests, Weather meter tests
- JFE-TEC can also respond to requests for corrosion evaluation testing and investigation under all types of environments, beginning with gas corrosion tests (hydrogen sulfide, sulfurous acid gas, etc.), as well as high temperature, high pressure and other conditions.
- We can of course perform corrosion resistance testing for iron and steel materials, coated steel sheets, galvannealed steel sheets, coated materials and stainless steel. We can also provide testing for a full range of nonferrous materials other than steel.
- Tests are not limited to flat test pieces and small-scale test piece samples; testing of bent materials, edge surfaces, steel pipes, assembled products, large-scale members, actual products and other actual objects is also possible. (Please consult with JFE-TEC regarding sample dimensions.)
Corrosion Testing/Corrosion Resistance Evaluation
|Corrosion tests||Corrosion tests for stainless steel||10% oxalic acid etch test|
|Nitric acid/ferric sulfate/sulfuric acid test|
|65% nitric acid corrosion test|
|Copper sulfate/sulfuric acid test|
|42% magnesium chloride corrosion test|
|Ferric chloride corrosion test|
|5% sulfuric acid corrosion test|
|Stress corrosion cracking tests||SCC test|
|Nitric acid stress corrosion cracking test|
|Carbonate stress corrosion cracking test|
|Gas corrosion tests|
|Corrosion resistance tests/weatherability tests||Salt spray test (SST)|
|Coating/plating corrosion resistance tests||Neutral salt spray test|
|Dry-wet cycle test|
|Cyclic corrosion test (CCT)|
|Weather meter test|
|Electrochemical tests||Pitting potential measurement|
|Anodic polarization measurement|
|Crevice corrosion repassivation potential measurement|
In addition to accelerated corrosion tests in the laboratory, JFE-TEC also performs commissioned corrosion resistance evaluations by exposure tests under natural environments in all regions of Japan. These services are not limited to corrosion resistance evaluation of materials.
JFE-TEC also carries out field surveys, environmental measurements and evaluation of corrosion characteristics at the local area, evaluations of actual corrosion resistance at the local area and corrosion monitoring.
For plants, equipment and piping, we can provide invaluable assistance in analyzing corrosion problems and proposing appropriate countermeasures, for example, in investigating the causes of corrosion accident trouble, experiments to reproduce corrosion, material selection, corrosion resistance technologies, etc.
|Test class||Test equipment|
|Corrosion testing||Constant load stress corrosion cracking testing machine (max. load: 50kN, max. test temperature: 200℃)|
|Autoclave (max. test pressure: 20MPa, max. test temperature: 200℃)|
|Immersion test device (max. test temperature: 200℃)|
|SSRT testing machine (max. load: 30kN, max. test temperature: 200℃)|
|CAPCIS testing machine|
|Gas corrosion testing (single gas to low concentration mixture of 4 species)|
|Corrosion resistance testing/weatherability testing||Salt spray test system (conforming to JIS Z 2371, H 8502)|
|Compound salt spray test system (saltwater spray-dry-humid cycle)|
|Dry-wet-cycle test system (humid-dry-temperature cycle)|
|Electrochemical testing||Fully automatic polarization measurement device (max. test temperature: 80℃)|
|Semi-automatic polarization measurement device (max. test temperature: 60℃)|
|Hydrogen permeability test device (max. test temperature: 40℃)|
- Atmospheric Exposure Tests/Marine Exposure Tests
- Field Surveys
- Atmospheric Corrosion Monitoring by ACM-Type Corrosion Sensor
- Other Corrosion Test Equipment