Battery-Materials Analysis & Evaluation
Outline of Battery-Materials Analysis & Evaluation
JFE-TEC offers strong support for client's research & development and quality assurance activities on lithium-ion secondary batteries (LIB), solar cells and next generation batteries such as automotive batteries, all solid batteries, air batteries and fuel cells.
JFE-TEC provides assistance to client's problem solving including comprehensive commissioned research, improvement of quality/performance, client's product development and failure/deterioration analysis by utilizing analytical equipment and facilities with accumulated battery-related technologies under one-stop-service system from battery prototyping to battery characteristics evaluation/testing and battery material analysis.
Service to be provided
- Analysis of microstructures, deteriorations/failures
- We can provide microstructure and surface analyses under inert atmosphere. Deterioration and failure analyses are also provided.
Example of battery and battery material evaluation
Elemental techniques/technologies for battery and battery material evaluation solutions
- Non-destructive inspection
- Thermal analysis of batteries.
- Material testing
- Tensile and shear strength tests under micro-loading, bending endurance test, etc.
- Evaluation of corrosion resistance
- Weathermeter tests, atmosphere exposure tests